I bought this jacket back in Oct. of 2006 and really wasn't all that impressed with the Cobra patch on it. The jacket itself is definitely vintage, but the patches on it were definitely not. Kinda disappointing, but par for the course with eBay stuff. So I wore it a few times, but for the most part it's been in the closet.
With this current launch campaign I'll have participated in all three birds of the Block I group and now have a complete collection of all the patches. The patches are cool all by themselves, but I kinda wanted to figure something out to do with them. I decided to put them on the jacket after removing the Cobra patch. I didn't have time to do this or have it done before I left for Florida so I brought the jacket and patches with me. A week or so ago I went down to a Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft in West Melbourne to pick up some supplies to do the job myself.
Here are some close up pictures of my work. The American flag patch was on there already and I'm going to take it off and re-sew it since the hack that put it on there did it wrong. All of mine look way better and aren't sewn through both the outer layer and lining like the flag patch is and the Cobra patch was. My work isn't perfect, but I learned alot and next time it will be perfect.
And yes. Those are platypi on each of the patches. It was chosen because it's a critter that combines many different types of "technology" kinda like the WGS communication satellites. Go Wideband!